Archive for Projects
But now it’s done: The BETA of the latest version of Phatsonic.de is online!!!
Which version of the site it is – I have no idea. I stopped counting over the years…
I guess there will be some bugs left – it would be strange if there weren’t. So tell me via email or comment if you find anything. And if you just wanna tell me how great the site turned out, write too!
FreeStyle.Darknet is a theme for FProxy, the webinterface of Freenet.
The anonymous Darknet Freenet did some big steps forward in the last months. With the nearly simultaneous releases of Freetalk (forums), Sone (Twitter-clone), Floghelper (blogs), jFniki (wiki) und WoT (anonymous spam-protection), Freenet mutated to an anonymous, decentralized, encrypted social network.
But because the project doesn’t have a designer, the antiquated themes stayed unattended.
That’s why I started developing “FreeStyle.Darknet”, a modern theme in HTML5 and CSS3. Since I started the development as an experiment, I stayed with CSS for now (themes for Freenet don’t allow HTML). But because of the incomplete number of ids and classes in FProxies HTML code, it didn’t prove easy. So the theme will only work in its full glory on a modern browser. But it should work with older browsers and adapt to only use the features available in the browser.
In the meantime I’m in contact with Toad (Matthew Toseland), the main developer of the Freenet project. The theme will possibly be bundled with FProxy as an official theme later. But we also talk about a complete rewrite of FProxies HTML output. If we go down that road, I will be part of the development.
- Download the theme: freestyle.darknet (WWW link) or CHK@…/freestyle.darknet.zip (Freenet link)
- Extract the theme into a directory of your choicel (should be inside the Freenet directory, but doesn’t have to be)
- Make sure I didn’t include anything that could jeopardize your privacy: Open the CSS files and search for URLs. All included files should be in the same directory. The included fonts are the official Droid Sans font-face Kit from Fontsquirrel. Remember: Themes aren’t filtered by FProxy!
3.5 – While you’re at it: On the top of the file are some Options, you can configure according to your choices. But better test the theme first to find out what they do.
- In FProxy open the advanced config for your webinterface: http://localhost:8888/config/fproxy?mode=2 (Freenet-Link).
- Search for “Override the CSS with a custom one (WARNING!)” at the top of the page and enter the whole path to the main CSS file: “PATH_TO_THEMES_DIRECTORY/freestyle.theme.fproxy.darknet.css” <- change that according to your system.
- After saving the configs, the theme should be active. But reload the browser on some page of FProxy to make sure, there aren’t any old styles in the cache.
The latest Project of my good client Net World Media is online.
On this project I was responsible for the whole realization, the planning and implementation of a corporate identity, the design of a logo and the theme of the site, the installation and configuration of a CMS, the programming of additional functions and more.
As expected the production of the site went much faster and smoother than the previous, Joomla-based projects. And with WordPress all planned functions could be realized without hacking core-files of the system.
The site has everything users expect from a modern community: profiles, comments, forums, friends, private messages, user groups and more.
More functions are already under contruction and will be implemented during the open beta.
Why don’t you drop by and play a game?
The task in this project was the production of a logo for the website HundeWeltOnline.de according to references by the customer. This logo will be used online and for print, so I made it with Inkscape as vector graphics. After several evolutionary steps the logo on the image was finished and is used on the website and (in the print-version) for promotional material.
After some work and many changes to the theme and the plugins the software is approaches my wishes step by step. Everything would be faster if I could just take things how they are…
But I guess that people who become coders are the ones that can’t just take things how they are.
But it seems to be time to work on the content. The first step has to be the import of all the old entries from the previous Phatsonic. So for the time being the site will grow into the past instead of the future.
Well, what has to be done has to be done. And some tedious, but laid-back work is nice for a change.